Mama Wolf Howling For The Kids

Mama Wolf Howling For The Kids

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Putting My Feet Up?

Y'all read my inner

Slug ranting, (she's delusional today, can you tell?) but what the little demon has not told you is I only have today, Sunday, tomorrow, Monday, the next day, Tuesday, and the following day, Wednesday to get everything done that needs to be done before the Airport Limo picks us up bright and early Thursday morning.

Admittedly, the place is looking...

spartan...when you compare it to how it looked just four months ago, but according to the check off list the complex gave me, I can pretty well kiss my

security deposit goodbye.

There's no way I can carry our big white leather couch out of here...and now that I went and had a bad coughing spell and cracked one rib, carting the bedding down to place beside the dumpster is another...

NO GO!

I have done an okay job with the plastic shelves we bought into over the years...and of course the minute I place them beside the dumpster and turn away to get the next set, someone comes along and carries the first set off. Don't know who...it's not dark so I don't think it's the shelf-snatcher's

elves, but off they go.

The same happened with things like our stereos...those I think they were hovering around waiting for because I turned back when I got to my apartment door to look at the dumpster and they were already gone! We're talking

THREE minutes? Maybe!

According to the checklist,

I'm supposed to leave the apartment in the same condition we received it in. On July 15th, we would have celebrated our 22nd year here. There's been wear and tear. They offered us, I think three years ago, to replace the really worn and bedraggled wall-to-wall carpeting, but the chemicals used in today's synthetic carpeting triggers Kat's seizure...(we learned this when our doctor's office installed new carpet)...so of course we declined.

The refrigerator and

stove are the originals...and we don't really want to talk about them. If we'd stayed we would have been entitled to both of them being replaced. (I've never been able to use the right rear burner...but that's another story.)

So coming around now to

...My Slug wants me to kick back and get all jiggy-oozie with her, but I don't have any wayward elves willing to come in while we sleep or just laze and finish up what still needs to be done...Besides, what would I do with myself if I did?

No comments: