Mama Wolf Howling For The Kids

Mama Wolf Howling For The Kids

Thursday, October 4, 2012

MIU Publishing-The POWER OF TRUTH-November 2010



Muse It Up Publishing

EXPLODED onto the Publishing World scene two months early thanks to the hard work every person at Muse put into it.

But could we sustain the

 momentum. Many, many e-publishing houses show up only to be gone in a heartbeat. Would Muse fall to that

curse?

November 2010 brought us another bunch of stories originally slated for AFTER the original launch date of December 1st, 2010.

The first six were making

inroads...some with greater impact than others, but isn't that the way this business is? I don't have the

statistics at my fingertips, but I remember seeing at least three of the six titles released in October making the perilous

climb into the ever changing e-world.

And now we have new ones to send out there to

dazzle the reading world again.

Once more, in no special order I give you NOVEMBER 2010.

1.) A TASTE OF TERROR by Chastity Bush

2.) WORLD OF ASH by Kevin Hopson

3.) THE FIREBORN CHRONICLES; RESONANCES by Mary Andrews.

4.) HURRICANE WARNING by Ginger Simpson

5.) BOATING WITH THE BUTTERMORES by Randall Lang

Now I have to take a moment here and admit I HAVE read most of these books and loved them. Having never been particularly keen on stories that make me look under my bed for monsters before climbing between the sheets and flipping out the light, I was surprised to find out how much I LOVE Kevin Hopson's nerve bending voice. WORLD OF ASH is creepy in a delightful way.

HURRICANE WARNING introduced me to a very delightful and prolific author, Ginger Simpson...and I will admit to eagerly grabbing and reading everything she writes ever since.

Chastity Bush's A TASTE OF TERROR also can deliver bone-tingling stories that make you want to hide but also make you want to play footsie with that danger. It is a dichotomy I am still trying to figure out, but I'm sure the more I read of Chastity Bush, the better I will get.

THE FIREBORN CHRONICLES: RESONANCES is still waiting for me in my Kindle, but here's the blurb and why I have it waiting for me in my Kindle...after you read it, you'll understand.
Blurb:
PSIONIC SCI FI: the inevitable fusion of man, machine and the paranormal.
THEY’RE  BACK
Once again the Dark Ops crew of the Nemesis is called into action.
But this time it’s personal.

When a former team member is kidnapped on a Hive drug mining planet both the Universal Government and the new Corporate Overlord have to respond.
For the first time the Nemesis team and the Corporate Archangels join forces against a psychic vampire, his strange twin brother,
and the Oracle menace threatening their universe.

But is anything truly what it seems?

Lastly, but not leastly (okay I KNOW that's not a real word, but it fits.) we have Randall Lang's BOATING WITH THE BUTTERMORES. I have not read this book either. I personally am not drawn to the subject, BUT I will say this, I have happily and quite joyously read his future books...but I'll tell you about them in a later posting. For now just know Randall writes with a passion that is exceptional.

And now for a blurb from BOATING WITH THE BUTTERMORES:

Blurb:
Years of jobs, kids, and  other family demands can take the excitement out of a marriage. But when neighbors become lovers, suddenly new and unexplored worlds can open up. Especially when they go "Boating with the Buttermores".

And aren't all the covers

AMAZING? One of the things I am learning, thanks to some private tutoring from one of the top

cover artists in the publishing world is what to look for...and every single one of these covers have stunning images, well blended and the fonts are easily read so you can tell what the title is and who the author is. Not bad for a new publishing house. Sometimes it takes years for a house to acquire this level of visual excellence. Congratulations Muse It Up Publishing on jumping way ahead of the creation curve.

October

and

November.

Muse It Up Publishing brought us, AHEAD OF SCHEDULE ELEVEN books. That's pretty damned good!

However,

December is still to round out our 2010 explosion into the e-pub world...so I'll be back with more Muse Magic.

Until then...once more...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUSE IT UP PUBLISHING...You really ARE

PHENOMENAL!

No comments: